Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What Was I & Why Am I? --Two Shorts.

What was I?
I was just lying there in my bed, when I smelled something like it was burning. Then I could feel the heat, I was on fire! I couldn't move, Oh! The pain, all I could do was lay there and hope it would end soon, as I lay there I could hear my skin popping and cracking, as it burned. Oh the horror of it, to see your skin burning to ashes, then falls to the floor. Then when I could no longer stand the pain there came a mighty blow, and then I was no more.

Why am I?
Why am I? I know I'm called a man but what is a man? I have hands to feel with and fingers to hold things with, I have arms to carry my hands and legs to carry my feet, but why am I? I have a body that my arms and legs cling to; I have eyes to see with ears to hear with, a mouth to eat with but why, to hold my eyes and ears there is a head the head that clings to my body holds what man calls a brain, the brain they say is for thinking why? I eat sleep work and play, I love and reproduce, I walk this place called earth till I'm old and weathered, then I die Why am I?

No comments:

web traffic statistics
promotional code